REFER TO THE EXPLANATION CONCERNING HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION IN
HS01 THE BASIS OF SELF THERAPY
HS16 HOW TO USE THESE SUGGESTIONS
HS17 DESCRIPTION OF YOGA EXERCISES
In the case of a concussion or shock to the head, one must remain in bed until the symptoms pass. Of course one must be under the care of a doctor and follow his instructions explicitly. Following are some techniques which may help one to recover more quickly. One should however check with his doctor before employing them.
1. The diet should be mainly fresh vegetables and fruits as well as cooked whole grains. In general, simple foods should be taken, not complicated combinations of foods, so that the body’s energy can go towards healing itself and not towards digesting.
2. Plenty of fresh vegetable or fruit juices. (Not fasting; but in between meals).
3. The following vitamins will be helpful: B complex, C and E.
4. Spiritual healing can be done gently on the head, abdomen and other parts of the body. Just place your hands gently on the person’s head and imagine warm, healing energies and light passing into his head bringing peace and healing. Do this three to five times a day for about 5 to 10 minutes. Do not massage or make movements on the head.
5. Complete breathing with the ratio 2:1:2:1 will bring bioenergy into the body and peace to the nerves, aiding significantly in the recovery process.
6. The person suffering from the concussion may benefit by making the vibration «MMM» gently, concentrating on the slight vibratory affect which is created in the brain and scull. This must be done very gently, in a peaceful way. The patient himself will have to determine how many repetitions and how frequently he would like to do this.
7. Deep relaxation is extremely beneficial in such cases. One should do deep relaxation at least three times a day, visualizing light and healing energy permeating the brain and nervous system healing and calming.
8. Plenty of sleep is necessary.
9. Check with your doctor for his agreement in employing any of the above.