Some Possible Causes Might Be:
1. Poor dietary habits which create a toxic build-up in the body.
2. A lack of proper nutrients.
3. Weakness in the immune system.
4. Emotional problems which suppress the body’s defense.
5. Over use of antibiotics.
6. Viruses – Bacteria.
EFFECTIVE NATURAL SOLUTIONS
When First Symptoms Appear
1. Vitamins – Immediately take plenty of vitamin C. You can take about a total of 3000 mg a day in small doses – say 200 mg at a time, which would mean 15 tablets a day.
Zinc is also a good immune enhancer. From 20 to 40 mg of Zinc can be taken daily until the cold subsides.
It is better to take both of these in tablet form so that you can suck on them and dissolve them in the mouth. In this way, the active power of these two substances can be absorbed by the cells of the mouth and throat area and thus strengthening the power of the cells to protect themselves.
2. Immediately cleanse the nostrils and gargle with salt. If the cold continues after the first day, then discontinue the washing of the nostrils but continue 3 or more times a day gargling with salt or lemon water.
3. Avoid eating solid food, especially cheese, milk and all dairy products, as well as white flour, white sugar and any products made from them. They form excess mucus, which increases the symptoms of the cold.
4. Drink plenty of liquids especially fresh citric fruit juices: oranges, lemons, grapefruits, as well as herb teas, and vegetable broth.
5. If you feel very hungry and must eat, then the best food would be a raw salad or a hot, spicy soup. A very effective soup is onion soup made from onions, garlic, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and other spices. (Not if you have ulcers.)
6. For those who are familiar with stomach cleansing with slightly saltly water, this is very effective for removing accumulated mucus from the body. (Not if you have an ulcer).
7. An enema is also effective in helping the body purify itself of accumulated toxins.
8. Get plenty of rest and do plenty of deep relaxation. Also perform any exercises you feel up to doing. They will facilitate the renewal of the body’s vital energies and thus its ability to heal itself.
9. Keep your body warm and protected from drafts.
10. Shiatsu massage of the neck and head can be miraculously relieving and beneficial. (Reflexology can be used to free up the sinuses).
If the Cold Continues
11. Continue with the vitamins taking up to 3000 mg of C. and up to 30 mg of Zinc per day until the symptoms disappear. If the cold lasts more than a week, then you might want to check with a doctor as to why your body is not healing itself. Other antioxidants such as vitamins E, A and Selenium and various enzymes such as Super Dioxide Dismutase call also be very useful.
12. Continue to avoid solid food as much as possible. Drink plenty of juices and broths. If you feel very hungry, eat raw salad or hot spicy soup.
13. Take occasional hot baths (covering yourself well afterwards).
14. Slow deep breathing will re-energize your body. Breathe as slowly as you can, letting as little air as possible pass through the nostrils. Gradually they will open up.
15. Do not continue with the cleaning of the nostrils, but do continue with frequent gargling.
16. Gentle exercises can open up the nostrils and also the flow of energy in the body.
17. Use deep relaxation to imagine the body’s defense system healthy and powerful and invincible.
18. Be happy and relaxed.