REFER TO THE EXPLANATION CONCERNING HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION IN
HS01 THE BASIS OF SELF THERAPY
HS16 HOW TO USE THESE SUGGESTIONS
HS17 DESCRIPTION OF YOGA EXERCISES
Many people (especially women in later years) are affected by this gradual degeneration of the veins of the legs. There are ways to avoid and to remedy the situation, if one is willing to take the time to live a natural life, and give a little extra attention to the legs and the body in general.
SOME POSSIBLE CAUSES
1. Toxic waste build up in the veins and around the valves in the veins. 2. Malfunctioning of the adrenals. 3. Loss of elasticity in the veins for various reasons. 4. Lack of movement and exercise. 5. Standing or sitting in one position for many hours daily. 6. Insufficient use of the muscles of breathing. 7. Blockages in the lower spinal nerves. 8. Obesity or pregnancy. 9. Obstacles to blood flow through the hip joint or knee. 10. Constipation. 11. Hereditary weaknesses.
You will have to try to determine, with the help of your doctor, the possible causes in your case so that you can decide where to give your emphasis in you program for self regeneration.
EFFECTIVE NATURAL SOLUTIONS
1. Your diet should be as raw as possible, including fresh vegetables, fruits and sprouted grains and seeds.
2. Avoid white sugar, white flour, meat and chemically preserved or treated food products.
3. Eat plenty of fibrous foods and ensure regular daily bowel movements.
4. Drink plenty of water daily.
5. Drink fresh juices made from carrot, spinach, cucumber and a little garlic or grapefruit or grapes. Occasional juice fasting can be helpful in detoxifying the body.
6. According to Airola’s research the following vitamins are helpful: WriteNow (Bioflavonoids), C, E, B complex and Calcium.
7. Some find help in running cold water on the legs, which cause the veins to contract.
8. The legs should be placed up frequently, and when sleeping, the bottom of the bed should be raised 7 cm.
9. All types of movement are useful and necessary: walking, running, bicycling, swimming, dancing etc.
10. Exercises done in a position with the legs higher than the body are absolutely necessary (such as the 1/2 Shoulder stand, or on a slanted board).
11. Reflexology can be used for stimulating the kidneys, intestines and adrenals and endocrine system.
12. The general state of vitality of the body is of essential importance, as is the harmonious functioning of the endocrine system. For this reason you should be regular in your employment of the following techniques.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REGENERATION
These techniques have the following goals: 1. Expedite the flow of blood from veins of the legs towards the upper part of the body where it can be purified and revitalized. 2. Stimulate the kidneys and adrenals and all the endocrine system. 3. To ensure good elimination of toxins. 4. To open the joints of the legs for better blood and energy flow. 5. To remove blockages from the lower spinal nerves.
1. Cat (7T) No.8
2. Leg lifts (3R,3L,3B) No.6
3. 1/2 Shoulder stand (with series 1,3, & 4) (20M) No.29
4. Deep relaxation
5. Wind Rel. Pos. (3R,3L,3B) No.4
6. Torsion (3LR,3LL) No.41
7. 1/2 Shoulder stand (with series 1,3, & 4) (20M) No.29
8. Deep relaxation
1. Back. & For. Str. (3T) No.20
2. Swing (20 to 50 T) No.1
3. Sideward bend (3R,3L) No.19
4. Leg lefts (3R,3L) No.6
5. 1/2 Locust (3R,3L) No.10
6. 1/2 Shoulder stand (with series 1,3 & 4) (20M) No.29
7. Deep relaxation
8. Cat (7T) No.8
9. Wind Rel. Pos. (3R,3L,3B) No.4
10. Torsion (3LR, 3LL) No.41
11. 1/2 Shoulder stand (with series 1,3, & 4) (20M) No.29
12. Deep relaxation
1.You would do well to do the series described for the 1/2 Shoulder stand (with series 1,3, & 4) a third time in the afternoon or before going to bed at night. That will help removing efficiently the neinus blood from the legs three times a day and purifies it before it returns to the legs. In this way your veins will be revitalized.
2. If you are unable to do the various exercises described in the 1/2 Shoulder stand, you may find it easier to get a slanted board on which you can lie with your head toward the lower end and do your movements on that.
3. The breathing exercises done in the 1/2 Shoulder stand are very important for the efficient return of the veinus blood to the upper part of the body. Breathing facilitates the flow of blood through the veins.
4. If the nature of your work is to sit or stand in one position for many hours, take care to change your position frequently taking a one minute break to walk around or put your legs up and then return to work.
5. Eventually with the guidance of a teacher you can add the Salutation to the earth, the Salutation to the sun, the Cobra, Fish, Forward Stretch and 1/2 Bridge and Bow.