REFER TO THE EXPLANATION CONCERNING HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION IN
HS01 THE BASIS OF SELF THERAPY
HS16 HOW TO USE THESE SUGGESTIONS
HS17 DESCRIPTION OF YOGA EXERCISES
The process of menopause cannot be avoided but its on start can be delayed and its unpleasant side affects significantly reduced or almost completely eliminated. Some symptoms of reduced hormonal secretion are hot flashes, reduced interest in sex, insomnia, irritability, and emotional instability. If there is a disturbance in the parathyroid and thus in the calcium metabolism, then osteoporosis or arthritis can be the result.
While it is natural at a certain age for the hormonal secretion to diminish, not all women suffer from the same symptoms and to the same degree. Thus our state of health and way of life, and physical and mental harmony play a significant role in what a woman will experience during this transformational period.
The usual solution of taking the hormone estrogen for the rest of one’s life may reduce the specific symptoms mentioned, but there are almost certain to be other side effects when we play with such a sensitive system as the endocrine system. Recent tests have also pointed to the possibility of prolonged use of estrogen having carcinogenic effects.
Below are some simple thoughts about healthy living which should be employed immediately; not only when one starts to have problems. Prevention is much easier in this case than therapy. A woman who lives a healthy and harmonious life is much more likely to pass through menopause without complications and problems.
EFFECTIVE NATURAL MEASURES
1. Eat a diet high in vitamin E with plenty of raw (sprouted if possible) seeds and nuts and fresh vegetables.
2. Eliminate all processed foods and refined foods such as white sugar and white flour and products made from them.
3. Drink fresh fruit or vegetable juices daily (carrots, beets and cucumbers or apples and pears or any other vegetables or fruits which are ripe and in season).
4. According to Airola, the following vitamins are helpful: E, C, B6, PABA and B5 enhance the production of estrogen.
5. Make it a habit of taking a siesta each day. Try to sleep and wake at the same times each day so that your endocrine system can establish a harmonious rhythm of functioning.
6. Reflexology is especially effective in stimulating the endocrine system and the reproductive organs in the production of hormones. Learn where the reflex points for the endocrine glands are and massage them every other day. Seek guidance from an experienced reflexologist in learning how to do this.
7. Shiatsu massage can be very effective when the source of disturbance or premature menopause is emotional tension.
8. Spiritual healing too can be very helpful if done as a balancing of the energy centers which are directly connected to the functioning of the endocrine system and the emotional state of the individual.
9. Breathing, exercises and deep relaxation are of utmost importance to any woman who wants to establish the quality of health and harmony necessary for avoiding the negative side effects of menopause. Practice the following sequences on a daily basis.
10. Include creative and enjoyable activities in your life such as walking in nature, singing, dancing, swimming or various creative arts. Get plenty of sunlight (not too much) and fresh air.
11. If you have negative emotions, begin a self transformation program starting with the chapter on attitudes and illness in this book and then go onto the books «PSYCHOLOGY OF HAPPINESS» and «MIRACLES OF LOVE AND WISDOM». Get involved in some seminar or growth group involved in the analysis of emotional mechanisms. Learn to communicate your feelings and needs in a positive way.
12. it is not found that women who exercise early in life (it is never too late), every little bit helps) have much less tendency towards osteoporosis in their later years. Exercise helps strengthen then bone and muscles and there is less tendency for them to loose calcium later. The following exercises will help.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REGENERATION
The following techniques are designed to: 1. Stimulate the harmonious functioning of the endocrine system. 2. Relax the nervous system. 3. Ensure good circulation to and from the reproductive organs. 4. Strengthen the bones.
If you are not used to exercises, then start out with the first more simple series. After a month or two start to add exercises from the second series until you are doing all of them every day.
1. Head rolls (5R,5L) No.31
2. Back. & For. Str. (3T) No.20
3. Swing (20T) No.1
4. Cat (7T) No.8
5. Cobra with turns (3R,3L) No.23
6. Prayer position (5M) No.37
7. Complete Breathing 2:1:2:1 No. 51
8. Deep relaxation
9. Wind Rel. Po. (3R,3L,3B) No.4
10. 1/2 Bridge (3T) No.11
11. Torsion (3LR, 3LL) No.41
12. 1/2 Shoulder Stand (with series 2,3, & 4) (20M) No.29
13. Deep relaxation
1. Head Rolls (5R,5L) No.31
2. Back. & For. Str. (3T) No.20
3. Swing (20 to 50 T) No.1
4. Cat (7T) No.8
5. Sal. to Earth (3T) No.43
6. Cobra with turns (3R,3L) No.23
7. Prayer position (5M) No.37
8. Alternate Breathing (2:1:2:1) No.63
9. Deep relaxation
10. Leg lifts (3R,3L,3B) No.6
11. Wind Rel. Po. (3R,3L,3B) nO.4
12. Abdominal Contr. (3T) No.38
13. 1/2 Bridge (3T) No.11
14. Torsion (3LR, 3LL) No.41
15. Fish (1/2 to 2 M) No.47
16. Forward stretch (2 to 5 M) No.42
17. 1/2 Shoulder Stand (with series 1,2,3, & 4) (20L) No.29
18. Deep relaxation
1. After a few months you can do the cat with the leg movement described in the exercise section.
2. You can add the vibrations «AAA», «OU,OU,OU» and «MMMMM» starting with three repetitions at first, and gradually building up to seven.
3. Deep relaxation can be done in the ordinary position or in the 1/2 shoulder stand. Let your hands rest on your lower abdomen and once you are relaxed and concentrated, imagine light and healing energy flowing into your womb and ovaries. Imagine those organs bathed in pure light and functioning perfectly. You may want to do the same with the various other organs of the endocrine system (it is not necessary to place your hands, your mental concentration is sufficient).
If you have emotional problems, imagine yourself having overcome them. Imagine yourself with self confidence, self acceptance, self love, feeling able to handle absolutely any situation which life may present to you.
4. Other exercises which can be added with the guidance of a teacher are the bridge, camel, bow and salutation to the earth and any other exercise which you feel is enjoyable or may help you.
5. Get plenty of enjoyable activity: dance, sing, swim, paint, knit, work in your garden. Do things which bring you joy.
6. Learn to meditate and to concentrate on God. Develop your spiritual life.