REFER TO THE EXPLANATION CONCERNING HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION IN
HS01 THE BASIS OF SELF THERAPY
HS16 HOW TO USE THESE SUGGESTIONS
HS17 DESCRIPTION OF YOGA EXERCISES
A great deal of research is being done and published today concerning the immune system and the various factors which affect it. It is becoming obvious that this extremely important system of our body is very sensitive and is affected by our way of eating, living and thinking. It is also becoming obvious that whether or not one is affected by bacteria or viruses does not depend so much on the presence of these invaders but rather on the ability of that particular body to destroy them before they get a chance to multiply. Thus the key to health is a strong and vital immune system.
Unfortunately our modern way of life, which has seriously diverged from the laws of nature and harmony, leads steadily and gradually to the weakening and eventual destruction or paralysis of the immune system. People have become soft, weak without inner strength, and without physical strength. Their bodies are overburdened with poisonous toxins and their minds with stress and anxiety. Their energy is wasted in incessant chasing after temporary and illusive pleasures or accumulation of material objects. The lack of love and unity in the family situation has undermined the individual’s self love, self acceptance and self confidence. All these and many other factors have created a society of individuals who are overly susceptible to various life threatening organisms, whether they be viruses or bacteria or our own malignant cells created in our own bodies.
If you are interested in developing the effectiveness and vitality of your immune system, there is much you can do. Consider some of the suggestions below.
SOME POSSIBLE CAUSES
1. Toxins foods substances. 2. Malnutrition. 3. Frequent illnesses. 4. Endocrine disorders. 5. Virus attack on the system itself. 6. Negative feelings and pessimism. 7. Overuse of antibiotics. 8. Long term stress.
NATURAL EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS:
The following suggestions are useful both for those who have already discovered that their immune system is weak and for those who would like to preventively maintain a healthy immune system.
1. Drink plenty of water with a little lemon juice daily. This acts as an internal antiseptic which cleans in the inner skin lining.
2. The following vitamins and minerals are essential for the proper functioning of the immune system. You should preferably get them through natural food stuffs. But in some cases when a body is very run down or seriously ill you may have to take supplements.
a. Beta Carotene: Apricots, broccoli, melons, carrots, mangoes, parsley, lettuce and spinach.
b. Vitamin B-6: Bananas, barley, melons, brewers’ yeast, lentils, beans, red cabbage, spinach, whole grain rice and wheat.
c. Vitamin B-12: Yogurt, milk, cheese, eggs, brewers’ yeast, (and fish for those who eat fish)
d. Folic acid: Apricots, asparagus, beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, melon, carrots, cauliflower, okra, pecans and spinach.
e. Vitamin C: Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, melon, grapefruit, okra, parsley, oranges, lemons, peppers and spinach.
f. Vitamin E: Broccoli, green beans, green leafy vegetables, nuts, peas and tomatoes and whole grains.
g. Zinc: Carrots, corn, peas, beans, oats, wheat.
h. Selenium: Barley, cabbage, carrots, garlic, garlic, green beans, mushrooms, onions, oranges, radishes, turnips, oats, whole rice and wheat.
3. Eat your foods as raw as possible, getting a wide variety of vegetables, fruits and whole grains and beans mixed in proper combinations.
4. Avoid white sugar, white flour, salt, coffee, tea, alcohol and all forms of chemical preservatives, insecticides and hormones.
5. Do not smoke.
6. Develop a routine of regular eating and sleeping habits. Try to eat and sleep and shower at the same times each day.
7. Get plenty of deep rest and relaxation.
8. Get plenty of exercise, especially outdoors, and if possible, in nature.
9. Engage in enjoyable activities such as singing, dancing, gardening, swimming, or any other activity which brings you joy.
10. Practice deep relaxation daily so as to release completely all stress from your body and mind. This is absolutely essential as stored stress inhibits the functioning of the immune system and makes it much more vulnerable.
11. Practice positive projection techniques in which you visualize your self happy, healthy and harmonious in all aspects of your life. It has been proven in repeated experiments that those who think positively have more effective immune systems.
12. Deep breathing done on a daily basis is perhaps one of the most effective ways to vitalize the immune system.
13. Deal with negative emotions. Become positive in your thinking. Those who feel helpless in a dangerous world, who feel that their lives are not in their control and that are unable to protect themselves are undermining their immune systems with those thoughts. Develop self confidence and self acceptance. Believe in your self and your ability to adapt and to change and to find happiness and satisfaction in life. Open your self to others and allow yourself to give and receive love.
14. Perform the following techniques on a daily basis.
15. There are some plants which are known to have an invigorating effect in the immune system. In China and Japan there is «ginseng». In Brazil there is «Suma». And in Greece there is «Valsamo».
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REGENERATION
The following exercises are designed to stimulate the immune system and harmonize the nervous and endocrine system.
Start out doing some from the first series and continue to gradually add exercises until you are doing the complete suggested series. Give emphasis and attention to the breathing.
1. Head Rolls (5R,5L) No.31
2. Back. & For. Str. (3T) No.20
3. Sideward Bend (3R, 3L) No.19
4. Swing (20T) No.1
5. Cat (7T) No.8
6. Sal. to Earth (3T) No. 43
7. Prayer Position (5M) No.37
8. Deep Breathing (5M) 2:1:2:1 No.51
9. Deep relaxation
10. Wind Rel. Po. (3R,3L,3B) No.4
11. Abdominal Contr. (3T) No.38
12. Fish (1/2 to 1M) No.47
13. 1/2 Shoulder Stand (with series 3 & 4) (20M) No.29
14. Deep relaxation
1. Head Rolls (5R,5L) No.31 2. Back. & For. Str. (3T) No.20 3. Sideward Bend (3R,3L) No.19 4. Swing (30 to 60 T) N0.1 5. Cat (7T) No.8 6.Sal. to Earth (3T) No.43 7. Cobra with turns (3R,3L) No.23 (20M) No.29
8. 1/2 Locust (3R,3L) No.10 9. Prayer position (5M) No.37
10. Breathing (Alternate) No.63
11. Vibrations No.61
12. Deep relaxation
13. Wind Rel. Po. (3R,3L,3B) No.4
14. Abdominal contractions (3T) No.38
15. 1/2 Bridge (3T) No.11
16. Fish (1/2 to 1M) No.47
17. Torsion (3R,3L) No.41
18. 1/2 Shoulder Stand (with series 1,2,3 & 4)
19. Deep relaxation
1. Breath slowly and deeply in each exercise paying attention to each act of breathing.
2. Separately from the exercises do deep breathing each morning for about five minutes in the beginning and gradually build up to ten or fifteen minutes after six months to a year. Eventually use the alternate breathing with a ratio of 2:1:2:1 or 1:1:1:1.
3. Do deep relaxation daily with positive images. Visualize your immune system strong and invincible. Imagine your self healthy and full of self acceptance and self confidence. Imagine your life flowing in happy positive directions.