REFER TO THE EXPLANATION CONCERNING HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION IN
HS01 THE BASIS OF SELF THERAPY
HS16 HOW TO USE THESE SUGGESTIONS
HS17 DESCRIPTION OF YOGA EXERCISES
Hemorrhoids can be very annoying to those who are afflicted by them. On the other hand they are not very difficult to heal, if one is willing to make some changes in his life style. The two basic causes are lack of sufficient fiber in the diet, and nervous tension. Once these are remedied in most cases the problem will be solved.
SOME POSSIBLE CAUSES
1. Lack of fiber in diet. 2. Build up of toxins in the body. 3. Constipation. 4. Nutritional deficiencies. 5. Sluggish or damaged liver. 6. Pregnancy. 7. Blockages in the spinal nerves. 8. Too much sitting (especially on cold surfaces). 9. Irritation of the area. 10. Lack of energy flow to the area. 11. Emotional tensions.
EFFECTIVE NATURAL SOLUTIONS
1. Carefully avoid white sugar, white flour, coffee, tea and spices and all processed foods. Also avoid hard cheese or cheeses altogether until the problem is solved. Cheeses make the stool hard and lead to constipation.
2. Drink plenty of water and other pure liquids like fruit and vegetable juices, barley water and lemon water. These purify the body and make the stool more soft.
3. Eat plenty of foods with fiber such as whole grains, and fresh vegetables and fruits. You might take some concentrated form of fiber like «ALL BRAN» for a period of time until the problem is solved. Especially beneficial are cabbage, green peppers, citrus fruits and whole wheat as well as all forms of beans and all green leafy vegetables.
4. According to Airola, the following vitamins are beneficial: E,C,A,B1,B6 and Rutin and other Bioflavonoids.
5. A sitz bath daily in which you change from hot to cold water a few times will bring life giving blood and energy to this area, expediting the process of self-healing. No. 78.
6. Some have found that passing water over the affected area frequently and after each bowel movement in relieving. Others have found a natural form of pain killer by using a peeled garlic clove or a sliced potato as a suppository.
7. Get plenty of movement, such as walking, running, dancing, swimming and light work in the garden and home. Sitting aggravates the condition.
8. In most cases reflexology can be very therapeutic. In cases where there is heavy bleeding, wait until the bleeding has diminished before starting or continuing with the reflexology. Seek the assistance of an experienced reflexologist.
9. In cases where the problem is the result of blockages in the bioenergy, nervous system or emotions, shiatsu massage and spiritual healing can be very useful.
10. Visualization during deep relaxation of the area healed and free from any problem is very effective and should be done daily.
11. If there are sources of emotional tension, get help in being able to see and handle them in a different way. See the section of emotions and illness.
12. The overall state of vitality and relaxation of your body and mind play an important part in the creation and healing of this problem. For this reason it is important for you to practice the following technique on a daily basis.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REGENERATION
These techniques have the following goals: 1. To remove any constipation or sluggishness in the intestines. 2. To facilitate the free flow of blood and nutrients to and from the affected area. 3. To create a balance in the endocrine system. 4. To free the vertebrae of the lower spine of any blockages on the nerves.
1. Wind Rel. Po. (3R,3L,3B) No.4
2. Abdominal Contractions (3T) No.38
3. Leg lifts (3R,3L,3B) NO.6
4. 1/2 Shoulder stand (with series 1 & 2) No. 29
5. Complete breathing (2:1:2:1) No. 51
6. Deep relaxation
7. Cat (7T) No.8
8. Torsion (3LR, 3LL) NO. 41
9. 1/2 Shoulder stand (with series 1,2,3 & 4) (20L) No.29
10. Deep relaxation
1. Head Rolls (3R,3L,3B) No.31
2. Upward Stretch (3T) No. 39 3. Sideward Bend (3R,3L) NO.19
4. Swing (20T) No.1
5. Cat (7t) No.8 6. Cobra with turns (3R,3L) No. 23
7. 1/2 locust (3R,3L) No.10 8. Leg lifts (3R,3L,3B) No.6
9. 1/2 Shoulder stand (with series 1 & 2) No.29
10. Deep relaxation
11. Wind Rel.Po. (5R,5L,5B) NO.4
12. Abdominal Contractions (3T) No.38
13. 1/2 Bridge (3T) No.11
14. Torsion (3LR, 3LL) No.41
15. Forward str. (2 to 5M) No.42
16. 1/2 Shoulder Stand (with series 1,2,3, &4) (20M) No.29
17. Deep relaxation
1. Start with the first series, and gradually, after some weeks, begin to add new exercises from the suggested series.
2. If you feel the need, place a pillow underneath the buttocks while doing the 1/2 shoulder stand.
3. Eventually with the guidance of a teacher you can add other exercises such as the salutation to the sun, the camel, bridge, bow, shoulder stand, plough and various leg exercises in the book Yoga gia Ygia kai Hremia.
4. Drink a glass of water before performing the exercises.