REFER TO THE EXPLANATION CONCERNING HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION IN
HS01 THE BASIS OF SELF THERAPY
HS16 HOW TO USE THESE SUGGESTIONS
HS17 DESCRIPTION OF YOGA EXERCISES
Here considering problems such as bladder stones, bladder infections and frequent urination or weakness in bladder functioning.
SOME POSSIBLE CAUSES:
1. Bacteria. 2. Hereditary weakness. 3. Lack of vital energy. 4. A blockage in the spinal nerves feeding that area. 5. A weak immune system. 6. An over alkaline diet. 7. Emotional factors.
EFFECTIVE NATURAL SOLUTIONS:
The following dietary advice is the result of Paavo Airola’s extensive studies on this subject, as presented in his book «How to Get Well».
1. Eat a pure diet with more emphasis on natural acidic foods, and less alkaline foods. (In the case of infection – this inhibits the growth of bacteria). See the chart on the acid – alkaline balance of foods.
2 Keep fruit and vegetables to a minimum for a few weeks. When there is improvement, add them gradually as the symptoms of infection disappear.
3. Eat basically whole grains, cereals, cottage cheese, pumpkin seeds and other seeds and nuts. In between meals you can take watermelon.
4. Before or with each meal drink a glass of water with 2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar and one tsp. of pure honey.
5. Drink plenty of liquids and herb teas: rose hips, mint, louiza.
6. If you have stones in the bladder do the Kidney Pod Treatment described in the section for the kidneys.
7. If stones are involved, fasting will be beneficial (with carrots, beets and cucumbers or with watermelon alone). Check with your doctor to see if he agrees.
8. If you have constipation, cure it with the methods offered in that section. Until you have remedied the situation take an enema once a month.
9. Airola suggests the following vitamins: C, A and E. These are especially useful in the case of bladder infection; in which case you would do well to add Zinc to your daily supplements.
10. Reflexology is especially helpful in bringing better circulation to the bladder ad other organs involved. Massage the points for the kidney, bladder, urethra, the adrenals, lymph glands, and endocrine system. Drink plenty of water.
11. Spiritual healing will have a beneficial affect in bringing more vital energy into the area, especially if there are psychological factors involved.
12. Hot baths and sometimes alternate hot and cold baths may be useful in bringing better blood and energy flow into the area. Ask your doctor if this is indicated in your particular case.
13. The body’s overall energy level must be raised through daily practice of exercises, breathing and deep relaxation.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REGENERATION
These exercises have the following goals: 1. To bring better blood and bioenergy supply to the bladder and surrounding organs. 2. To free the nerves which supply these organs with nerve messages. 3. To stimulate and strengthen the immune system. 4. To relieve the stress stored in the body.
Do the first series for at least a few weeks before going on to the Suggested Series.
1. Swing (20 to 40 T) No. 1
2. Dynamic 1/2 Bridge (5T) No. 11
3. Wind Relieving Posture (3R, 3L, 3B) No. 4
4 Cobra with turning (3R, 3L) No. 22
5. Balloon Breath (1:2) (5L) No. 65 (20L) No. 29
6. Deep relaxation
7. Cat (7T) No. 8
8. Salutation to Earth (3T) No. 45
9. Torsion (3LR, 3LB) No. 41
10. 1/2 Shoulder Stand (with series 3 & 4)
11. Deep relaxation
1. Upward Stretch (3T) No. 39
2. Back & Forth St. (3T) No. 20
3. Swing (20 to 50 T) No. 1
4. Sideward Bend (3R, 3L) No. 19
5. Cat (7T) No. 8
6. Salutation to Earth (3T) No. 43
7. Dynamic 1/2 Bridge (5T) No. 11 (20L) No. 29
8. Leg Lifts (3R, 3L, 3B) No. 6
9. Balloon Breath (1:2) No. 65
10. Deep relaxation
11. Wind Relieving Pos. (3R, 3L, 3B) No. 4
12. Torsion (3LR, 3LL) No. 41
13. Forward stretch (1 to 5L) No. 42
14. Cobra with turn (3R, 3L) No. 23
15. Prayer position (5L) No. 37
16. 1/2 Shoulder Stand (with series 1,2,3 & 4)
17. Deep relaxation
1. The Balloon Breath can be done for a few months and then you can start exhaling from the nose. The balloon exhalation can be used for a month or two in the cat, upward stretch, backward and forward stretch, and the leg lifts and the wind relieving posture. After some time exhale from the nose.
2. After a few months the cat can be made with the leg extending out on the inhalation and coming forward and under on the exhalation.
3 The breathing in the morning and the evening breathing in the 1/2 Shoulder Stand can be done the half the time with abdominal breathing and then the other half with complete breathing (in both cases with double exhalation in the beginning. As the months pass, you can move on to other breathing rations which please you).
4. While in deep relaxation whether in the ordinary position or in the 1/2 shoulder stand, let your hands rest on your abdomen and imagine light passing down into the bladder healing it. Imagine that you bladder is pure and free from any problem whatsoever. Imagine that it is functioning perfectly. Bring any other important positive images to your mind.
5. Other exercises which can be added eventually, with the guidance of a teacher are the salutation to the sun, bow, camel and bridge.
6. Drink water before exercising, and empty bladder afterwards.