QUESTIONS CONCERNING YOUR PRESENT
GOAL OF RESOLVING INNER CONFLICTS
You may want to read or download the text: RECONCILING OUR INNER CONFLICTS from the Life Clarification Capsules, so as to be able to answer these questions more effectively.
1. MY CONFLICTS
I would like to understand and deal with my inner conflict(s) concerning: Select the any of the conflicts below which have concerned you over the years. You can select as many as you like.
1. One part of me feels I need to spend more time on my professional life while another part believes that I should be spending more time with my family.
2. On the one hand, a part of myself wants to open up to a conscious love relationship, while another part fears being abandoned or hurt, suppressed, manipulated, or not being able to say no.
3. My need to follow my inner voice, in some cases, conflicts with my need to be like the others and be accepted by them.
4. My need to express my true feelings sometimes conflicts with my need not to hurt anyone.
5. My need to express my real feelings and thoughts occasionally clashes with my need to have others’ acceptance.
6. One part of myself wants to give those around me (children, spouse, friends) total freedom to pursue their happiness in their own ways, and another part fears losing control.
7. A part of me wants to please others, but their needs come into direct conflict with my own needs.
8. I want to forgive but also need to hold on to negative feelings towards someone.
9. I want to employ various disciplines but another part of me wants to feel free to do what I want when I want to.
10. I want others to support me, but on the other, I feel that they restrict me with their support or advice.
11. One part of me wants spiritual growth, while another feels the need for material security.
12. I want to help a loved one or friend, but on the other, I feel that perhaps I am doing them harm by bailing them out continuously and not letting them solve their own problems.
13. I feel a need to protect the planet through a simple life with very little consumption of energy and products, while another part of me wants to enjoy all the comforts of an energy consuming, pollution producing life style.
14. I want to take a job, or leave a job that I have, while another part of me wants the opposite for different reasons.
15. One part of me believes in cooperating with others, while another finds it difficult.
16. I desire various objects or situations as a source of pleasure. Another part of me, however, feels that this is:
a. a sin,
b. or that I am not spiritual if I partake in such pleasures.
c. a waste of time and energy considering my spiritual goals.
Thus these two aspects of my own being conflict.
17. One part of myself feels the need to have an exclusive relationship, in which my happiness and security depend on a member of the opposite sex. Another part of myself finds this an obstacle towards my need for independence, self dependence, and freedom.
18. I need to control persons and situations in order to feel secure and yet would like to let things flow and allow others to act freely.
19. My need to never show weakness comes into conflict with my need to share my weaknesses, needs and fears with someone.
20. One part me does not want not to ask anything from anyone while another needs their help and support.
21. A part of me needs a stable routine for my balance, health and growth while another enjoys variety and change.
22. A part of me wants to play my familiar emotional relationship games while another part wants to get free from them.
23. One part of me wants to face and overcome my fears and blockages while another prefers to avoid them and hide from them.
OTHERS, LIST HERE
2. CHOOSING A CONFLICT
Which conflict would you like to work with first.
(Suggestion: Choose one which is bothering you most at this time of your life. I would like to start out with the conflict concerning:
3. NAMING THE PARTS
Now you will have to decide on a name for each part of yourself which is in conflict. The names should represent each separate aspect and also be like a nickname which would allow you to express love and acceptance to both parts of your self. (ex. Mr. Discipline and Mr. Rebel. or the Lover and the Loner, or The Parent and the Professional.)
What will you call these two aspects of your being?
4. THE ANALYSIS
Now, separately, for each conflicting part of yourself, answer the following questions.
A1. It has the following needs: (click for a list of possible needs to choose from)
A2. When its needs are not fulfilled, it has the following emotions: (click for a list of possible emotions to choose from):
A3. It has the following beliefs which cause it to have those needs and emotions. (Click for a list of possible beliefs to choose from). If you cannot determine the beliefs, send this in without answering this question and we will help you in the process.
B1. It has the following needs: (click for a list of possible needs to choose from)
B2. When its needs are not fulfilled, it has the following emotion: (click for a list of possible emotions to choose from):
B3. It has the following beliefs which cause it to have those needs and emotions. (Click for a list of possible beliefs to choose from). If you cannot determine the beliefs, send this in without answering this question and we will help you in the process.
5. I personally feel towards the part of me labeled “A” the following feelings:
6. I personally feel towards the part of me labeled “B” the following feelings: