We suggest that you also read the parts previous and following to this.
The next step in healing the Inner Child is to strengthen even more our positive beliefs about ourselves others and life.
Some of the positive beliefs we may want to strengthen are:
Stress Eliminating Affirmations
Our thoughts create our reality.
We attract to ourselves that which we believe about our selves, others an life. The more positive our thoughts, the more positive our reality.
Here are some Affirmations which create a more positive, happier more fulfilling reality.
A. About Ability and Security
1. Anxiety solves no problems ? actions do.
2. Some problems are problems only because I believe them to be.
3. I have the inner power and strength to deal with whatever life brings me.
4. I am capable of handling any possible events or situations.
5. I feel safe and secure in every situation.
6. While making my own sincere effort, I entrust my life, my family and the results of all my efforts into God?s (the Universe’s) wise and just judgment.
7. Life gives me in each moment exactly what I need in every situation in order to be happy, perform my life and purpose and grow spiritually.
8. I am intelligent and capable enough to succeed in any endeavor which is important to me.
B. About Self-Worth
1. My self-worth is a function of my inner being (of who I am) and not what others think of me or how much I accomplish.
2. The results of my efforts depend on many different factors; one of which is my efforts.
3. My self worth is totally independent of any external factors such as: intelligence, wealth, my home, appearance, talents, professional success, my children?s success, being attractive to the opposite sex, making friends, disciplines, “spiritual” activities.
4. I am worthy of love and respect even when I am not perfect in what I do and even when I make mistakes.
5. My self-worth is totally independent of whether others agree with me or are satisfied with me.
6. My self-worth is totally independent of how people behave towards me.
7. My self-worth is totally independent of how much others work or how they work or what they believe about me.
8. My self-worth is a reflection of my divine nature and not my gender, religion, social class etc.
9. I am a good person, a worthy person.
C. Freedom and Love
1. I respect and love all persons (especially my parents and family) without feeling any need whatsoever to live my life according to their beliefs or values. I live my life in harmony with my inner values and beliefs.
2. I am in no way responsible for other people?s reality but only for my own motives and behavior towards them.
3. No one else is responsible for my reality. I am totally responsible for what I attract, feel and experience in life.
4. I am responsible for the purity of my motives and quality of my efforts and not for the results of my efforts or how they effect others.
5. All beings deserve my love and respect, including myself
6. I understand that others act negatively out of fear.
7. I am free in each moment to be myself.
8. No one can limit my freedom unless I need something from them.
9. Real freedom is freedom from fears, needs and false limiting beliefs.
10. Real freedom is the ability to do what ever is in my best interest as a soul in the process of evolution.
11. Real freedom is the freedom to experience peace, love and happiness regardless of what happens or others? behavior.
Strengthening our Beliefs
You can strengthen these beliefs in some of the following ways:
1. Written Affirmations
One way of working these new concepts more deeply into the mind is to write them many times each day. As you write or repeat them twenty times a day, you will observe various reactions, positive and negative from your conscious and subconscious mind. You would do well to record these reactions. You can understand much about yourself, your blockages and how to transcend them. This technique is given in detail in the book «The Psychology Of Happiness».
2. Affirmations in Deep Relaxation
This is perhaps the most effective way to reprogram our minds with positive affirmations. In deep relaxation the messages can penetrate into our subconscious minds, and thus, changes are made in the roots of our being.
3. Affirmations in our Sleep
We can also program cassettes to be played in the hour before we wake up so that the affirmation will go directly into our subconscious mind and not be filtered and rejected by the conscious mind.
4. Subliminal Messages on Cassettes
One can also purchase or create «subliminal» cassettes in which messages are recorded at a level very low on a cassette with peaceful music. Consciously you hear only the music and not the positive affirmations which are recorded at a subliminal level. According to the advocates of this method, these messages can then bypass the conscious mind and its rational filters which block out whatever we have been programmed not to believe.
5. Letter Writing
Writing a letter in which we state our positive beliefs to a father, mother, uncle, aunt, spouse, child or any other loved one can seriously strengthen that belief within. This is important because our family is often the last place we experience new beliefs.
6. Cards And Signs
Make cards with various positive phrases which you want to remember. Place them around your home, your car and your place of work or whenever your eyes will fall on them frequently. Make large signs which you can decorate nicely and place them in your home and office. Find other creative ways to remind yourselves of these spiritual truths.
7. Write Poems or Make Songs
Write poems, make songs out of them and sign them. Repeat them as you are walking driving, cleaning, cooking or doing anything which doesn?t require you full conscious attention.