About the nature of subatomic physics.
1. Matter and energy are interchangeable. Matter can become energy and energy can become matter (Nuclear energy, atomic bomb.) E= MC² (Albert Einstein)
2. Particles can be perceived as matter and as waves – at different times – can behave as particle now and then as wave – spread out over space.
3. Heisenberg principle – Cannot simultaneously determine its position and speed. We can determine one or the other. And Eugene Wigner -When observing a particle we affect its behavior. The observer affects the observed.
4. What we perceive as physical dense matter is actually 99 % empty space – large electron fields with very little matter in the center. We live in a universe created of “objects” that are actually 99% space.
5. In fact it has been noticed that a particle can come out of the void and then disappear again. It is there and then not there and then again it is there. It seems that the void and matter are one and the same.
6. Even more strangely, a particle can appear simultaneously in more than one place at the same time. In one experiment it appeared at 3000 places simultaneously.
7. Entanglement – non-local effect: One particle can have an “entanglement” with another so that we can affect that particle at a distance by exerting a force on another particle with which it is somehow non-locally – not physically connected.
8. Quantum jumps: Electrons can change position instantly without taking time. They suddenly appear in another orbit of higher or lower energy or distance from the nucleus.
9. Quantum Fields: There is a field of probabilities, possibilities – an implicate order or quantum field according to David Bohm (student of Einstein), in which all particles and waves are “touching and effecting each other” in all time (past, present and future) and space. Here nothing is separate. There is only one undifferentiated field of yet unmanifested possibilities. (Some perceive this as the level of pure consciousness.) That then becomes manifest as the explicate or visible order of beings, objects and events that we observe and actually “create” by observing.
9. Thus at the level of existence called the implicate order /quantum field / pure consciousness:
a. All particles and waves are interconnected or “touching” in all time and all space.
b. There is no space – as an object can be in more than one place simultaneously and also can be affected by things happening to a particle to which it is not “apparently connected.”
c. There is no time because it takes no time for a particle to appear in a different location and a particle can appear in more than one location simultaneously.
d. There cannot be a local cause and effect phenomenon as all is connected in all time and all space, thus everything is affecting and being affected by everything else.
e. There can be no separate beings, things, events or situations in the quantum field – pure consciousness also called the “zero point”. Beings, objects events and situations come into existence only when they are created by the observer and are specific to the individual observer.
10. According to some, the observed becomes “condensed” out of the quantum field into a specific form only when the observer observes it.
Possible Implications of these Phenomena in Our Psychological and Spiritual Life.
We need to change our paradigm (our commonly accepted thought forms, beliefs about the nature of reality) from one based on Newtonian Physics where beings and things are separate and have no control over the forces governing them, to this new “quantum” perception of reality in which we all come from one source field and are actually the creators of our reality.
Quantum physics does not negate Newtonian laws in relationship to objects and events, but simply explains that these laws simply do not hold on the subatomic level of creation, of which all objects, beings and events are comprised.
1. Many spiritual teachers and some scientists associate this quantum field with the field of pure consciousness containing all possibilities from which all is manifested.
2. Our bodies and minds are in fact aspects of this consciousness that have taken these particular material and mental forms. Ultimately as our deepest level we are energy – void – consciousness.
3. Our programmings, ideas and beliefs cause us to manifest our personal, subjective and unique version of the implicate order / quantum field/ pure consciousness which we call our body, our life and our reality.
4. We basically perceive and create a reality based on our experiences, programmings, beliefs, emotions and expectations.
5. We can create a new happier more fulfilling reality by altering how we perceive ourselves, others and life.
6. We can affect others and the world positively and negatively by the way we think, feel and behave.
7. We all are expressions of one consciousness field. We have one source of existence.
8. The observer, the observed and process of observing are all one and have their origin in the implicate order/ quantum field / unmanifest consciousness.
9. Our freedom can be greatly enhanced by our awareness and experience of pure quantum field or pure consciousness by remembering it as the source of all that there is – or actually – as all that is manifest and unmanifest. The is even more so when we can actually experience that causal state through meditation and other means.
Insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect different results – Albert Einstein
I am looking for persons who have an infinite capacity to not know what cannot be done. – Henry Ford
We are eternal consciousness here to create and live differently. -Astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell
Einstein did not like Quantum Theory and said “God does not play dice with the universes”
Niels Bohr answered him, “Stop telling God what to do.”
A Possible Cosmology Based on Quantum Physics and Non Dual Philosophies
1. There exist a universal consciousness – even before the illusions of time and space. It is all there is. (God)
2. This consciousness begins to manifest itself as a quantum field of subatomic particles that are also beyond time and space. They are all interconnected in all time and all space. There is no separateness, no action, no movement.
3. This field contains all possibilities of manifestation and expression. It can be molded into any form, being or interaction. This can be compared to the white unformed light on an empty TV screen which has no images. That light can be molded into all possible images and actions – while it always contains its natural formless state of neutral white light and returns to that state when the temporary forms cease being projected. In the same way this conscious quantum field can become any possible manifestation – while it maintains its natural undisturbed state.
4. This consciousness then begins to mold itself into temporary forms, beings and activities which then dissolve over and over into the state of neutrality (zero point) of the quantum field.
5. This process of manifestation takes place initially through the creation a morphogenetic field of mental, emotional and physical tendencies.
6. This evolving morphogenetic field then dictates to a large degree the form, tendencies and of all that appears to be temporarily separate from the quantum field and is “created” – crystals, minerals, all living organisms, societies etc. The created forms and beings are also self-evolving thus adding information to and creating transformations in this field.
7. The actual creation of the physical forms takes place in the following way. Consciousness temporarily becomes energy which then manifests as matter. Forces of attraction cause the particles to come together to form nuclei with electrons orbiting around them giving the illusion of matter. These atoms are attracted together to form molecules. Molecules are brought together by other organizing forces inherent in the particular morphogenetic field of that being or material, causing the creation of DNA, cells, tissue, organs, systems, organisms, societies and on a larger scale, planets, solar systems, galaxies and universes. Al of this from the one and only quantum field.
8. This consciousness through the medium of the morphogenetic field, and resulting minds and bodies, then begins to evolve in its ability to form the limitless and formless quantum field in ever more satisfying and harmonious ways (based on the value judgments and archetypes developed and projected by this consciousness itself and instilled in each created being in the form of needs, desires and conscience.
9. Some believe that this creation comes into existence simply for this process of the evolution of this consciousness’s ability to manifest these yet unmanifest potentials, thus giving a purpose for this creation – evolution, perfection or theosis.
An exercise in perceiving “_____” in the light of Quantum Physics
Select an aspect of your life that you would like to perceive in the light of quantum physics. This could be an object, person, event or situation. Or it could be an emotion, thoughtform, belief, desire, need, goal, idea, fear or conflict with yourself or another. It could be your own body or mind, or even the observer of your body and mind. You might like to choose something you would like perceive and approach in a more positive way – with less fear, attachment, anxiety or tension.
1. Choose what you will be focusing on.
2. Accept it as it is.
3. Merge with it and experience it for what it is – with all of its limitations, feelings (positive and negative) and value judgements.
4. Now realize that as the observer of this that you are actually creating it.
5. Perceive it as your creation.
6. Realize that it is actually a temporary manifestation of the unlimited Quantum Field – that is coming into being through your observation and interaction with it. That you are creating or tuning into this as one tunes into a Television channel. You can tune into any channel or no channel.
7. Perceive it as a temporary manifestation of energy.
8. Experience it as energy – without judgement – accepting it as it is as energy.
9. Switch your attention to the void/space in which it exists. The void/space around it, behind it, within it. The void/space in which it is contained and which it contains.
10. Allow it to merge with the space in and around it – which is actually the source of its existence.
11. Realize that it and the void / space are one and then same.
12. Experience yourself as energy.
13. Experience yourself as consciousness/space.
14. Experience your oneness as energy and consciousness with what you were observing and with all that exists.
15. Observe yourself doing all of this. Who is doing all of this.?
16. Observe the observer of all this.
17. Observer the observer of the observer.
Now to ground yourself and find practical solutions, you may want practice the “Perceiving from the Heart” exercise. (This can also be done without the previously mentioned exercise.)
1. Bring the person, issue, object, situation or event to mind and notice how you feel about it now.
2. Now breath for about three to five minutes in the following way. While inhaling imagine you are taking energy into the center of your chest (your heart center) and while exhaling imagine that energy flowing out of the solar plexus areas.
3. Now bring to mind someone or something that awakens in you feelings of love and or gratitude.
4. Stay with those feelings of love and gratitude for as long as you comfortably can.
5. Now with your attention focused in the center of your chest and “thinking from there”, bring that person, thing, issue, or situation to mind and consider alternative ways to perceive and interact with that. Remain in that state allowing your “heart” to suggest other ways of feeling, thinking and acting in relationship to this.
6. Stay in this state as long as you feel comfortable.
7. Employ your inner guidance.
Books for further investigation
The Tao of Physics – Fritjof Capra
Super Nature – Lyall Watson
A New Science of Life – Rupert Sheldrake
Universal Philosophy – Robert Elias Najemy
Mystical Circle of Life – Robert Elias Najemy
Quantum Consciousness – Stephen Wolinsky
What the Bleep do we know? (Book and Movie)
Molecules of Emotions – Candace Pert
Dancing Wu Li Masters – Gary Zukav
Heart Math books – www.heartmath.org