Although this problem may not be a serious health problem, it is an indication of deeper disturbances which may be organic, endocrine or emotional. It may also be signed that our food is not pure or perhaps deficient of necessary nutrients.
SOME CAUSES: 1. Improper diet, especially cooked oils, white sugar, chocolate, white flour and meat. 2. Toxic buildup in the liver or kidneys. 3. Constipation. 4. Vitamin deficiency, especially C,B complex and Zinc. 5. Hormonal disturbances. 6. Spinal nerve blockages to related organs. 7. Emotional tensions, anxiety.
EFFECTIVE NATURAL SOLUTIONS:
1. Drink plenty of water. Add a little lemon juice for purification.
2. Eat a nutritious and pure diet including plenty of whole grains, fresh vegetables and fruits.
3. Avoid cooked oil, chocolate, meat, white sugar and white flour and all products made from them such as sweets, bottled soft drinks etc.
4. Short fasts to clean out the body of these toxins or three days of one type of fruit such as apples, pears, watermelon, grapes or with freshly made fruit or vegetable juices. (See the section on fasting).
5. Take vitamin supplements for a month. Zinc, C, B-complex, A,E, Niacin.
6. Frequent washing of face with alkaline soap.
7. If you believe that the liver is sluggish or toxic, purify it with a series of castor oil compresses. (See the section on cleansing technique).
8. If constipation is involved, work on solving the problem immediately. (See the instructions for constipation).
9. Avoid cosmetics with chemical rather than natural ingredients.
10. You can make a face pack out of grated cucumbers and leave it on your face for 1/2 hour and then wash it off with water.
11. Get plenty of sun (not too much), and fresh air.
12. Reflexology for the kidneys, liver, pancreas, pituitary and all the endocrine glands.
13. Work on developing emotional peace of mind, through self analysis, reading and psychology groups. Express feelings and needs.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REGENERATION
The purpose of the following exercises is to revitalize the liver, kidneys, lungs, and intestines so as to ensure efficient removal of toxins. Simultaneously they are designed to release blockages from the spine which flow to those organs and to bring harmonious balance to the nervous and endocrine systems
THE CODE USED IN THE EXERCISE SERIES
In order to facilitate your use of these series, the following codes will be used:
T – TIMES (how many times the exercise is repeated)
M – MINUTES (the length of time a technique should be performed, unless there are difficulties, in which case they can be done for less time. In cases where you have performed an exercise for a number of months and feel comfortable with it, you can gradually increase the time)
R – RIGHT (exercises are sometimes performed first with the right leg or arm and then the
L – left.
At other times both are used together (B).
Or it may indicate turning to the right (R) in an exercise or to the left (L)
No. __(indicates the number of the exercise, relaxation, type or breathing or other technique so that you can find it more easily in the file Description of Yoga Exercises
1. Backward and forward stretch (3T) No.20
2. Sideward bend (3R, 3L) No.19
3. Swing (20T) No. 1
4. Compete Breath (Double exhalation) (5L) No. 52
5. Deep Relaxation
6. Cat (5T) No. 8
7. Wind relieving Posture (3L, 3R, 3B) No. 4
8. Torsion (2 R, 2L) No. 41
9. 1/2 Shoulder Stand (20L) No. 29
10. Deep Relaxation
1. Backward and Forward St. (3T) No.20
2. Sideward bend (3D, 3L) No.19
3. Swing (20 T) No.1
4. Cat (7T) No. 8
5. Salutation to the Earth
6 Complete Breathing (Double exhalation) (5L) No. 52
8. Wind Relieving Post (3D, 3A, 3M) No. 4
9. Torsion (2LR, 2LL) No.41
10. Forward Stretch (2L) No. 42 \
11. Cobra (1 to 2L) No. 23
12. Fish (1L) No. 47
13. 1/2 Shoulder Stand (20L) No. 29
14. Deep relaxation
1. In the 1/2 Shoulder Stand, you can do the «Double exhalation Breath» (No. 52) and then at the end do about 3 minutes of the Peaceful Breathing (No. 51)
2. The Deep relaxation can be done in the 1/2 Shoulder Stand or in the proper position, lying with the body straight on your back. When relaxed visualize your face and body to have a very pure and clear complexion. Imagine your skin radiating with purity. If some organ, such as the liver is not functioning well, then imagine it to be healthy and effective. If you have a lack of self-confidence or self acceptance, work on these in the relaxation.
3. Eventually add the «HA» breath (No. 68) and the vibration «AA» (No. 61) to your series of techniques.
4. The Cat exercise is more effectively down with the Balloon breath (No. 65) on the exhalation.